new behaviors after CVS upgrade

Brett Patterson - Roundcube Forum Admin brett at roundcubeforum.net
Mon May 15 20:31:45 CEST 2006

Martin Marques wrote:
> On Mon, 15 May 2006 09:22:41 -0500, Charles McNulty <charles at charlesmcnulty.com> wrote:
>
>> Martin Marques wrote:
>>
>>> I'm seeing new behaviors in RC after the last upgrade I did.
>>>
>>> - When marking a message and later deleting it, the next message gets
>>> automatically marked, which isn't a good idea, as I could accidently
>>> click twice on the delete botom and get both messages erased.
>>>
>> This is the same behavior as Thunderbird which was the only client I had
>> on hand to test with.  I think that selecting the next message on delete
>> is pretty standard behavior though (but please correct me if I'm wrong).
>>   I would suggest being more careful to not click twice, and if you do,
>> simply undelete the message by moving it out of the Trash folder or if
>> it's flagged as deleted by clicking on the little Trash icon to unflag it.
>>

> But we're talking about a web based email client. Ofcourse kmail and evolution do that, but I guess it's because it shows the contents of that marked mail.
>
> This is not the behavior the gmail or IMP have, and I find more appropriate not leaving any marked.

But I believe Charles' argument is that this is a Web Desktop
application, not just another webmail project.  So it's meant to emulate
a desktop app on the web.  I haven't noticed it, so I can't comment, but
I can say that moving the selection to the next item is what I like in
Thunderbird.  Perhaps this can be user definable: Move to next item on
delete: Yes/No.

--
~  Brett  Patterson  ~
Roundcube Forum  Admin