Integrating Googiespell in Roundcube

Chris Richardson crichardson at cantella.com
Tue May 2 15:37:16 CEST 2006

this might also be relievent since I know most dont follow both areas
http://www.roundcubeforum.net/index.php?topic=210.0

Phil Cryer wrote:

> On Tue, 02 May 2006 08:56:24 +0200, Thomas Bruederli <roundcube at gmail.com> wrote:
>> sfdevone wrote:
>>> If we could also have aspell added it would be perfect as there are a
>>> lot more languages supported.
>>>
>>> See this also: http://orangoo.com/spell/
>>>
>> That would be a perfect complement to the recently implemented spell
>> checker: If you have aspell install on your server, you can specify a
>> path to the script in the config file and if not, RC uses the Google
>> spell check.
>
> Thomas
> Is this in CVS yet?  I looked this morning and I still don't have it.  No rush, just looking forward to testing it out.

>> All we have to do, is to implement an aspell wrapper that works with the
>> GoogieSpell client script. As I can read on the GoogieSpell website
>> there might be something available:
>> "I also offer a Python Aspell server solution that supports around 80
>> languages and isn't dependent on Google."
>>
>> Is anybody keen on writing a PHP implementation of this?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Thomas

other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information
by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete this
material from any computer.

In accordance with industry regulations, all messages are retained and are subject to monitoring.

This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content and is believed to be clean.

Securities offered through Cantella & Co., Inc., Member NASD/SIPC.
Home Office: 2 Oliver Street, 11th Floor, Boston, MA 02109
Telephone: (617)521-8630