Round cube modifications

Craig Webster craig at xeriom.net
Thu May 4 11:46:52 CEST 2006

On 4 May 2006, at 04:43, Mark Edwards wrote:
> On May 3, 2006, at 8:33 PM, Bezaleel Support wrote:
>> Well, not that I like to copy anything from Microsoft, but the new
>> "Windows Live" email system puts a little arrow next to the Trash
>> and Junk folders - if you click that arrow, it will empty the
>> associated folder after giving you a prompt to confirm delete. I
>> suppose the same could be applied to an Inbox folder as well.
>> Anyways, just thought I would throw that out there.
>
> An arrow icon that deletes everything in a mailbox...does that
> sound dangerous to anyone else but me?  If such a thing were added
> to Roundcube - and I question the need to make it an actual single-
> click function in the interface - please don't make it an arrow
> icon.  Shouldn't it be something that appropriately symbolizes "you
> are about to trash a whole mailbox"?  I know you said there is a
> confirm dialogue, but really, should there be a single icon in the
> interface with such destructive potential?  Sounds utterly nuts to me.

It does sound very dangerous but most of the time the messages won't
be actually deleted - they'll be moved to the trash folder. There's a
confirm dialogue and the ability to undo the action so it's not as
destructive as it seems straight off. You're right though; great care
should be taken with this feature to make sure the user knows exactly
what's going on.

Yours,
Craig
Craig Webster | t: +44 (0)131 516 8595 | e: craig at xeriom.net