Unimplemented features?

Colin Alston karnaugh at karnaugh.za.net
Fri May 5 07:17:36 CEST 2006

Auke Kok wrote:
>> I'm not advocating a move to a different server/system, just giving
>> thoughts.
>> While a move would possibly benefit us, what are some possible work
>> arounds?
>> Would we be able to create a read only CVS account that we could use
>> instead?
>> Is that possible?
>
> yes, but SF doesn't allow that by policy afaik.
>
> alternatively, one could upload cvs snapshots on a regular basis to
> the file area.
Perhaps the project has out grown SF?

There are a lot of people (my self included) who are able and willing to
donate SVN/Darcs repos and Trac etc.

--
Colin Alston <karnaugh at karnaugh.za.net>
http://www.karnaugh.za.net/

"There have been hacker forums where, out of some misguided sense of hyper-courtesy, participants are banned from posting any fault-finding with another's posts, and told ''Don't say anything if you're unwilling to help the user.'' The resulting departure of clueful participants to elsewhere causes them to descend into meaningless babble and become useless as technical forums." - Eric Steven Raymond