CVS, SVN, Wiki, Trac

Thomas Bruederli roundcube at gmail.com
Mon May 8 16:58:21 CEST 2006

Jon Daley wrote:
> On Mon, 8 May 2006, Thomas Bruederli wrote:
>> Try to import the CVS tarball which contains all the revisions. I've put
>> the current version to
>> http://demo.roundcube.net/dl/roundcubemail-cvsroot.tar.bz2
>     I was hoping this was the current dev CVS version - I tried to use
> this tarball as a local cvsroot, but either I did it wrong, or nothing
> has been updated in it, since sf went down, or this is an old version.

Well, I just downloaded the "Nighty tarball" from SF which should
contain a copy from last night. It's possible that this service does not
work either :-) Haven't checked the contents so far.

>> Regarding the post of Randy Noval
>> (http://lists.roundcube.net/mail-archive/roundcube.dev/2006/05/79/) we
>> could talk about mirrored SVN repositories (such as the one from Jon
>> Daley) later, once the "official" one is running. I now see the
>> advantages of those and please forgive me for my ignorance, I was just
>> anxious to lose control when having several repositories around.
>     Was this conversation ever resolved?  I don't think having multiple
> writable repositories is a good idea.  For myself, I was suggesting a
> read-only mirror.

OK, then I misunderstood your suggestion. I agree, that a mirrored
read-only repository would be a good idea. Once we have a "reliable" SVN
rep running, an anonymous checkout for sync should be possible at every
time.

Regards,
Thomas