"Your session is invalid..." Fix (?)

Dave Rowe dave at roweware.com
Wed May 31 18:13:06 CEST 2006

On Wed, May 31, 2006 11:02 am, Chris Richardson wrote:
> in regards to the browsers ie is the most used brower and some of us
> dont have a choice we are required to use it for work. also opera also
> does the same thing as he stated.

when you end a phone call, even seconds later you cannot pick up the phone
and expect to be connected to the person you just talked to.  This is how
sessions _should_ work in the web context.  A session is a 'period devoted
to an activity'.  By closing the window, or leaving to another site, you
are in effect, 'ending your session', therefore the way it works is
correct.  Regardless of browser used...