Plaxo sync [was: Re: Addressbook improvements, first shot]

phil phil at cryer.us
Wed Oct 4 19:10:22 CEST 2006

On Wed, 04 Oct 2006 12:27:49 -0400, Randy Noval <randy at sermo.net> wrote:

> all of that aside, nothing to get upset about here. it's about learning
> from other people's efforts. they've exposed their view on organizing
> data and we can learn from it.

Good points brought up from both sides, but I think something like this that ties RC into a 'for profit' entity should be something linked in via a plugin API of RC's -- much like the myriad of plugins available for Squirrelmail, this allows devs or folks with other ideas to implement them even if they aren't seen as central to the projects' goals.

In other words, go for it, and make it avail as a plugin (even though the oft talked about API is still only a mention- you could always make it a patch for now that users could run against a specific SVN version).

--
http://fak3r.com - you don't have to kick it

believed to be clean.