RC & SQL Server

WOODS John John.Woods at axa-im.com
Mon Sep 4 10:14:48 CEST 2006

Thomas,

Thank you for getting this into the Trunk. I will start testing as soon
as possible.

On the subject of UTF collation, I will need to look further into this.
SQL Server does not support UTF but uses the UCS-2 standard for Unicode
data instead.

The first change would be to change the data types of all the char,
varchar and text columns to nchar, nvarchar and ntext to allow Unicode -
that's the easy part and we could then leave the collation as it is. I
would then have to look at converting the UTF data to UCS-2 with a new
function.

I'll let you know how when I have more details.

John