Preview pane

Robin Elfrink elfrink at introweb.nl
Tue Sep 5 14:35:33 CEST 2006

Brett Patterson wrote:

> Since Roundcube is web 2.0, I would suggest removing the <iframe> and
> using a <div>.  There is a message list container (at least I think
> there is) in which you halve the height of the message list, then use
> the rest for the message preview.  Then you set the width to 100% and it
> will resize with the browser ;)

That would even be better, indeed. I didn't know about the container,
I'll see if I can use that.

> As for having a single click make the preview pane appear, I dislike
> that idea.  I'd rather have an option set in my preferences as to
> whether to show it or not.  Or perhaps have it be an item where you have
> to have a specific skin to use the message preview and then have a skin
> selector (wink wink nudge nudge).

Marketing people tell me that customers want that. And I like it too.
Besides, I _did_ add that option to the config:

+// use preview pane
+$rcmail_config['preview'] = TRUE;

Oh I just noticed I'm not using the config setting in the code...

> Love the effort, but those are just a few suggestions to make it better.

No problem, that's why I posted this on the list before having finished
it. I appreciate any suggestion anybody has.

Robin