Preview pane

Brennan Stehling brennan at offwhite.net
Thu Sep 7 01:25:42 CEST 2006

I would like an icon which will allow me to preview the email, similar to ask.com.

http://www.ask.com/web?q=web+2.0&qsrc=1&o=0&l=dir

But that shows a screenshot.  I would just show the first few sentences of the email in a larger tooltip.  I also like how GMail show the first line of the email next to the subject.  The subject is black and the body of the email is in light gray.  That is a major time saver as you scan your email and try to decide how to sort it.

I could help you by writing the Javascript to generate the floating preview if you like.  The question is, do you click on the icon or just hover over it for a moment?

Brennan

--
Brennan Stehling
Offwhite.net LLC