[RCD] Is anyone using multiple domains on a single IMAP server?

Martin Kealey roundcube-maint at ihug.co.nz
Wed Dec 12 01:01:32 CET 2007

Hi Thomas & others

Firstly apologies for my lack of involvement, after I said initially
that we would like to contribute to the project. I did get a contractor
to do some work, but he got hijacked by the marketing dept to implement
their CSS branding. So neither of us has actually gotten much done on
the bugs list; sorry. (We do have _some_ other patches, but I'll detail
those in a separate email.)

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 17:20:29 +0200, "Thomas Bruederli"
<roundcube at gmail.com> wrote:
> In case your users access the webmail on different domains, you can
> set $rcmail_config['username_domain'] using a host-specific config
> file. In order to get this work, you have to enable
> $rcmail_config['include_host_config'].

I wish they did, but no. They all use "webmail.ihug.co.nz", even if they
log in from a page in another domain. And they're being seriously
discouraged from doing even that by our marketing department: they want
the One True Brand.

> I assume that your IMAP server does require a full e-mail address as
> user name. In this case the login should always work with full
> addresses. The 'username_domain' is only added if the user name does
> not contain an @ sign.

Have you ever tried to get 150000 people to change how they log in? If
even 99% get it right, that's 1500 people who ring up to complain that
it's stopped working.

The main point of this patch is to allow reasonable transition
arrangements from other webmail platforms.

> You can also maintain a patch that can be applied on the latest
> release instead of adding this to the trunk.

So far my patch has survived "svn update" since r804, but we'd really
prefer not to do it that way; several times I've needed to do "svn
resolved", and it gets quite messy if I don't get to work on it for a
while.

The patch does nothing unless $rcmail_config['login_domain_list'] is set
(to an array of domain names), so it wouldn't impact on other users.

-Martin