[RCD] Hello, I am new.

till klimpong at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 13:27:55 CET 2007

On Dec 13, 2007 12:28 PM, Balachandran Sivakumar <benignbala at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 13, 2007 4:46 PM, till <klimpong at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >

> > we welcome all contributions, but please read this first:
> > http://trac.roundcube.net/wiki/Dev_Contribution
> >
> > In general before people get access to SVN, it would be nice if they
> > contribute patches and solve a couple tickets, or generally if you are
> > looking to write an add-on or contribute another way, just let the
> > mailinglist know.
> >
>           thanks a lot. I am used to SVN and opensource development
> methodology. But since most people were talking about some stuff
> already in progress couldn't join. Also please tell in what all i
> should be conversant? Actually, we plan to use roundcube instead of
> squirrel mail.. The only problem has been with sieve. We need to have
> sieve/ Filters. On browsing through the archieves, i found mentions
> about that. Can yo u please tell the status of it, because i did,nt
> find that in the roadmap of your trac page. Sorry for troubling you
> too much.

I don't have a status, you might want to email the people who "talked"
about it. Maybe someone has a patch he could share. Also, from what I
understand you are probably looking for an interface to sieve,
correct? Since sieve filters will be "exectute" outside of RoundCube
and have nothing to do with RoundCube code.

It should be fairly simple to "hook up" an interface (in)to RoundCube
- e.g. add a link to the appropriate template and get the RoundCube
cookies/session and authorize the user.

Till