[RCD] Hello, I am new - filters

chris# chris# at codewarehouse.NET
Fri Dec 14 00:18:08 CET 2007

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 18:24:43 +0100 (CET), emi at algorismia.com wrote:
> Hi Balachandran!!
> I've been doing work on that direction. I explain where we are and what we
> decided:
>  * Make a fantastic filters UI ('the better even seen') to create filters
> within RC database:
>    => Now it's just a table where you add filters like you do with
> identities.
>
>  * Make a script to decode filters table info into specific mail filtering
> systems, as procmail, exim, sieve, etc. that will be used by
> administrators to transfer the RC filters to their IMAP servers, via cron
> or whatever.
>    => Now I've done the procmail and exim specific script.
>
> If you want to try it, you can connect to my server https://mail.cio.cat
> with user and password 'rcdev'. Filters in this version are internal ones,
> which won't be added to RC SVN due to the load picks it'd do on systems
> where RC and IMAP server are not in the same machine. That feature is just
> to test the UI only on my server.
>
> Well, I heard you use Sieve. Me don't and I prefer to don't need so. If
> you want, you can begin completing the script just adding the Sieve
> output. Remember: it's just a prerelease version. Full filters features as
> copy, delete or search with regular expressions will be done in the future
> (may be very soon).
>
> Tell me something and we coordinate our efforts.
>
> emi
>
> El Jue, 13 de Diciembre de 2007, 13:27, till escribió:
>> On Dec 13, 2007 12:28 PM, Balachandran Sivakumar <benignbala at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> thanks a lot. I am used to SVN and opensource development methodology.
>>> But since most people were talking about some stuff
>>> already in progress couldn't join. Also please tell in what all i
> should
>>> be conversant? Actually, we plan to use roundcube instead of squirrel
>>> mail.. The only problem has been with sieve. We need to have sieve/
>>> Filters. On browsing through the archieves, i found mentions
>>> about that. Can yo u please tell the status of it, because i did,nt
> find
>>> that in the roadmap of your trac page. Sorry for troubling you too
> much.
>>>

>> I don't have a status, you might want to email the people who "talked"
>> about it. Maybe someone has a patch he could share. Also, from what I
>> understand you are probably looking for an interface to sieve, correct?
>> Since sieve filters will be "exectute" outside of RoundCube
>> and have nothing to do with RoundCube code.
>>
>> It should be fairly simple to "hook up" an interface (in)to RoundCube
>> - e.g. add a link to the appropriate template and get the RoundCube
>> cookies/session and authorize the user.
>>
>> Till
>>

>  --- 8< --- detachments --- 8< ---
>  The following attachments have been detached and are available for
> viewing.
> [...]

Your attached (detached) file isn't available for use/review.
Clicking on the link produces the following:
#!/usr/bin/php -qC
Warning: require_once(include/rcube_shared.inc) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/www/data/virt/detached.gigo.com/rc/qW/vVNaYlhc/sql2filter.php on line 11

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'include/rcube_shared.inc' (include_path='.:/usr/local/share/pear:/usr/local/www/data/virt/detached.gigo.com/rc/qW/vVNaYlhc/program/:/usr/local/www/data/virt/detached.gigo.com/rc/qW/vVNaYlhc/') in /usr/local/www/data/virt/detached.gigo.com/rc/qW/vVNaYlhc/sql2filter.php on line 11

--Chris

Service provided by hitOmeter.NET internet messaging!
.