[RCD] Hello, I am new - filters

Balachandran Sivakumar benignbala at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 08:21:56 CET 2007

On Dec 13, 2007 10:54 PM,  <emi at algorismia.com> wrote:
> Hi Balachandran!!
> I've been doing work on that direction. I explain where we are and what we
> decided:
>  * Make a fantastic filters UI ('the better even seen') to create filters
> within RC database:
>    => Now it's just a table where you add filters like you do with
> identities.
>
>  * Make a script to decode filters table info into specific mail filtering
> systems, as procmail, exim, sieve, etc. that will be used by
> administrators to transfer the RC filters to their IMAP servers, via cron
> or whatever.
>    => Now I've done the procmail and exim specific script.

          That is really cool.

> Well, I heard you use Sieve. Me don't and I prefer to don't need so. If
> you want, you can begin completing the script just adding the Sieve

       I thought that sieves were easy to implement. All we need to do
is to put up a clean easy to use interface so that even non-technical
users can set up sieve scritps. Also, if it is filters, I need to read
a lot more. If you can give some pointers, i will catch up soon. And
as for sieve, i think we can add up another tab in the filters part
itself and provide it as sieve interface. As sieve has to get executed
in the servers, it the issuse of the mailserver admins to set up sieve
directories and enable sieve options for thier Cyrus or what ever.

> output. Remember: it's just a prerelease version. Full filters features as
> copy, delete or search with regular expressions will be done in the future
> (may be very soon).
>
> Tell me something and we coordinate our efforts.

    Saw your patch. Has it been committed to the repository? if so
which revision? Please tell so that i can check it out and we can work
on it.

--
                     Thank you
Balachandran Sivakumar

Arise Awake and stop not till the goal is reached

        Learn to live.................Live to learn

Mail: benignbala at gmail.com
Blog: http://benignbala.wordpress.com/
Site:http://benignbala.googlepages.com