Update to INSTALL

jam at qv90.de jam at qv90.de
Tue Feb 6 11:21:06 CET 2007

Hi list,

I would suggest to change some wordings in INSTALL. I stumbled over it and
maybe it makes it easier to install for other users :-)

---------------------------------------
* MySQL 4.1.x/5.x
-----------------
For MySQL version 4.1 and up, it's recommended to create the database for
RoundCube with utf-8 charset. Here's an example of the init procedure:

# mysql
> CREATE DATABASE 'roundcubemail' DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_genera
> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON roundcubemail.* TO roundcube at localhost
        IDENTIFIED BY 'password';
> quit

NEW: 'password' is the master password for the roundcube user. It is strongly
NEW: recommended you replace this with a more secure password. Please keep in
NEW: mind: You need to specify this password later in 'config/db.inc.php'.

# mysql roundcubemail < SQL/mysql5.initial.sql

Live long and prosper
Florian
http://www.qv90.de/