RoundCube mailing lists...

B. Johannessen bob at db.org
Tue Jul 3 21:20:06 CEST 2007

RoundCube developers, users and list lurkers,

the machine running the RC mailing lists and archive has just been down
for a little over 24 hours. This happened after what was supposed to be
routine 10 minutes downtime while moving to out new server-room. Needles
to say, things didn't go as planed.

Apparently the Linux ext3 file system does not handle large folders all
that well, and I had one with at least a million files in it. This
pissed off fsck.ext3 to the point where it started to move these files
to lost+found.

Long story short, I no longer trust that machine (or any machine with an
ext3 file system on it) to do any important work, and one of it's most
important tasks is the RC mailing lists and archive.

So; as I don't really have the time to do mailing list maintenances
these days, I'd like to ask for someone to take over the running/hosting
  of our lists.

The 3 lists require very little resources to run. Some stats:

announce at lists.roundcube.net:
- 1958 subscribers
- 1 to 2 messages/month

dev at lists.roundcube.net:
- 629 subscribers
- 5 to 15 messages/day

users at lists.roundcube.net:
- 474 subscribers
- 3 to 10 messages/day

Anyone interested please get back to me as soon as possible. Please also
include a short introduction detailing your experience with e-mail
systems in general and mailing lists in particular.

I'll discuss potential candidates with the lead developers, and post
back as soon as we've make a decision.

Thanks for your time,

	Bob (mailing list administrator)