RoundCube forces me to kill FireFox

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Fri Jul 6 20:41:24 CEST 2007

on Sun Jun 24 2007, till <klimpong-AT-gmail.com> wrote:

>> Sorry, do you mean rc1.1
>>
>>   http://downloads.sourceforge.net/roundcubemail/roundcubemail-0.1-rc1.1.tar.gz?download
>>
>> or something else?
>
> 0.1-rc1.1 ;-)
>
> Yes, that's what I mean - please give it a try. Also if you can, test
> against trunk.

yes, with both those versions, httpd starts to chew up a steadily
increasing percentage of CPU (it was at 98% within 30 sec).  Firefox
locks up and needs to be killed.  After killing firefox, httpd
*very* gradually reduces its CPU load, then seems to hover around 50%
for a while, then finally gives up and goes back close to
zero... so I don't have to kill my server; I do have to kill FireFox.

It looks from the outside like roundcube's JavaScript is trying to ask
the server some big question before it will allow the browser display
to update.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting