Welcome!

Jason Fesler jfesler at gigo.com
Tue Jul 24 20:43:36 CEST 2007

bob at db.org said:
>the time has come to move the RoundCube mailing lists to their new home.

Folks, I've made the changes needed to move the lists to the new home.
There should be no interruption; Bob is running the list in parallel
until DNS fully moves as far as the public DNS caches are concerned.

A quick intro about me:

   I'm Jason Fesler, nobody particularly special.  I've worked with
mail and usenet for a very long time, including writing a gateway
between uucp/smtp/nntp to/from FidoNet (yes, I have some gray
hairs), and I've had a number of scars fighting spam to keep mail
a relevant and viable medium for my users.  I've been working in this
medium since 1993.

   I'm reachable as jfesler at gigo.com (email, jabber).  I'm also reachable
as postmaster at lists.roundcube.net (not spam filtered).

Changes for the lists..

For spam reasons, only people who are subscribed, can post.  Sorry!
This makes a *huge* difference on mailing list hosting, particularly
for the moderators and list operator (me).  You are more than welcome
to subscribe more than once - and, if desired, set your options to "no
mail" mode.

Speaking of options,

Scroll to the bottom field, enter your email address, hit
the "Unsubscribe or edit options" button.

Your password, if you had one previously, is different now.  The options
page can mail you your new password.   I have not yet earned your trust,
so it would have been inappriate for Bob to send me whatever passwords you
had.  You are welcome to change your password (again, above urls).

In case you forget the url - look at the bottom of any post.
You'll find the url for that specific list.

Other changes:

Posting attachments - The attachments will be "detached" and replaced by a
url; the attachments will be web accessible.  Sending attachments can get
expensive.  This way, only those interested in seeing the picture will
burn up bandwidth fetching it.  Likewise, those NOT interested, don't have
to download it.   An example is in this post.

Archives - http://lists.roundcube.net has links.  The urls for old links
will have changed - there was no way to reliably keep them identical.
Anyone who clicks a link to the old urls will be taken to the top level
page.

The archives now have a search feature.  It isn't fancy, but it does work
(just simple ht://dig).

--
  Jason Fesler, email/jabber <jfesler at gigo.com> resume: http://jfesler.com
  "Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day;

 --- 8< --- detachments --- 8< ---
  http://detached.gigo.com/mm/X4/G1PCMh8e/banner.gif
 --- 8< --- detachments --- 8< ---