[RCD] Update re: round cube lists.

Jason Fesler jfesler at gigo.com
Wed Jul 25 04:28:58 CEST 2007

Based on feedback, I am enabling subject tagging.  Subjects will
be prefixed by [RCD] or [RCU].  This is a fairly religious issue for some
folks; but the those that need/want it tagged _far_ outweighed any other
response I got.  I'm keeping the tag short, however, to try and minimize
the effects for those that don't like subject tagging.  I wish this were a
per user setting, but .. it isn't.

List signatures are still enabled but shorter.  I find them neccesary to
help keep list management easier.  This also helps reduce the case of
people getting tired of a list and just marking it as spam (Which can have
effects further  than they intended).  Hopefully with a technical audience
such as we have here, that won't happen, but..

Enforcement that posters be subscribed is now enabled.  Most of the other
antispam things I do at gigo.com, are disabled for the lists.  If
SpamAssassin still thinks "spam" the message might get deferred for
moderator review.

Lastly, some folks are doing sender verification.  Because some folks
still have DNS cached pointing to Bob's, and his would not verify the
sender address I'm using, some folks are deferring (good) or rejecting
(not so good) the mail.  I'll contact those people in a day or so,
recommending they clear their sender validation cache and/or check their
sender verification cache settings.

Unless anything else comes up, I'll move back to more of a lurker role.
If anything comes up, feel free to contact me, email or jabber.

--
  Jason Fesler, email/jabber <jfesler at gigo.com> resume: http://jfesler.com
  "Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day;