RoundCube forces me to kill FireFox

mailist at sokol.dynalias.net mailist at sokol.dynalias.net
Sat Jul 7 14:12:56 CEST 2007

On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 15:14:41 -0400, Jim Pingle <lists at pingle.org> wrote:
> David Abrahams wrote:
>>> 0.1-rc1.1 ;-)
>>>
>>> Yes, that's what I mean - please give it a try. Also if you can, test
>>> against trunk.
>>
>> yes, with both those versions, httpd starts to chew up a steadily
>> increasing percentage of CPU (it was at 98% within 30 sec).  Firefox
>> locks up and needs to be killed.  After killing firefox, httpd
>> *very* gradually reduces its CPU load, then seems to hover around 50%
>> for a while, then finally gives up and goes back close to
>> zero... so I don't have to kill my server; I do have to kill FireFox.
>>
>> It looks from the outside like roundcube's JavaScript is trying to ask
>> the server some big question before it will allow the browser display
>> to update.
>
> It might be somewhat hard to pick out the traffic, but have you tried
> watching the connection with a tool such as tcpflow? It would let you
> monitor what exactly is being communicated back and forth while the CPU
> load
> is high and FF is locked up.
>
> I wonder if it's held up waiting on something, or if it is actually
> transferring data at that point. Either way you should be able to capture
> the last (few?) request(s) up to the point where it fails. That may go a
> long way toward figuring out where the problem lies...
>
> I also wonder if this is related to the others who are seeing high CPU
> usage. You might check the recent thread about "100% CPU" to see if you
> might also have similar symptoms.

Hi all,

I have similar issue today! But roundcube wasn't the source of error. It
was my dovecot imap server. After thunderbird stopped with an error during
connecting to my imap server I get doubtfully.
I take a look at the imap logs ->

dovecot: Jul 07 14:01:11 Error: imap-login: No authentication sockets found
dovecot: Jul 07 14:01:11 Error: child 6373 (login) returned error 89

As workaround I restart the imap server. Now I have no errors.

Regards
ks