HTML messages and word wrap

Jes Kasper Klittum jes at enavn.com
Wed May 16 13:48:28 CEST 2007

Hi everyone,

I am using the SVN version 495 of RoundCube. I noticed an oddity - when a user
chooses to compose emails in HTML and they copy text from a text editor and
pastes it into the new mail in RC, then wordwrapping is done nicely, but upon
sending the mail, the mail is wrapped all differently. This is due to RC
expanding some characters to HTML code, hence making each line longer than the
visual representation - f.ex. this text is wrapped wrongly:

==============================================================================================================

This line contains the Danish letter "æ" and made to be exactly one line long.
This should not wrap....

==============================================================================================================

This is, by Roundcube, converted to:

==============================================================================================================

This line contains the Danish letter "æ" and made to be
exactly one line long. This should not wrap....

==============================================================================================================

The line wraps because Roundcube wraps the converted text instead of the
original text. How could this be fixed?

P.s.: If the first line og my email wraps, then it is due to Thunderbird (my
email client) wrapping earlier than RC.
--
Best regards,

Jes Kasper Klittum