Email accounts' password

Webmaster Vidax.net webmaster at vidax.net
Thu May 31 17:21:35 CEST 2007

Hello guys,

first of all, congrats for RoundCube. Very nice Webmail.
Now my question: that may seem stupid at first but that's a real
question ;-)
Something's missing according to me: users can't change their email
accounts' passwords. For my email server configuration, and because
that's my server, I just need to run one SQL query to change the
password (I'm talking about the IMAP or POP account, not the RoundCube
profile account). That'd be nice to have a section in the configuration
file that tells to RoundCube how to update the password if applicable
(SQL query / executable). Something like:
$rcmail_config['update_password'] = "UPDATE database.table SET password
= sha1('__password__') WHERE email = '__email__'";
 If this section is set, well, RoundCube would display a "change
password" field in the "my profile" page.

But that'd be worth it if and only if other users agree with that idea.
What do you think?

Thanks,

Axel