[RCD] Roundcube Licensing question.

Michael Baierl mail at mbaierl.com
Mon Nov 12 13:57:48 CET 2007

Michael Baierl wrote:
> If I remember the GPL correctly you can do that - just use Roundcube (or
> any other GPLed software) and make changes to it. If you sell the
> software you have to also release the changes. Freedom to use it.

Finally I found an example - 1blu, a hosting company located in Germany,
is using Roundcube: <https://webmail.1blu.de/>

Some screens (German) can be found in their help system:
<http://faq.1blu.de/index.php?action=artikel&cat=127&id=222&artlang=de>

They removed the copyright notice (better: the powered by notice), but
the copyright still belongs to Roundcube.

Mike

--
Michael Baierl
mbaierl.com   http://mbaierl.com/