[RCD] iPhone usability

chasd chasd at silveroaks.com
Wed Nov 21 22:32:44 CET 2007

> 8)
> There is no question eight.

I knew I would come up with one.

8)
If a separate skin is desired, then I would likely work to include
the "skin preferences" patch so there would be a way to quickly
switch RC from "mobile" to "desktop"
I see a scenario where a user would access a RC instance from a
desktop, then use a mobile device, and then come back to their
desktop. For that type of use, it would be good to have a single
button to toggle between the skins optimized for the different devices.

For example, here are two sites with the same info :

Mobile :
<http://www.nseries.com/mobile/nseries/english/v3/352/n810/index.jsp>

Desktop :
<http://www.nseries.com/nseries/#l=products,n810>
( uses Flash, but the point is the layout is much different visually
and make wildly different assumptions about the device and connection
bandwidth. )

BTW, I have a patch ( one line each in two files ) and button icons
to add the basic "open message" functionality.
I am waiting for some responses to my questions before creating a
Trac ticket and uploading my changes, in case there are good ideas
worth incorporating.

I assume a "svn diff" plus an upload of the new images would be the
correct step ?

Charles Dostale
http://www.silveroaks.com/
824 17th Street, Moline  IL  61265