[RCD] multi select question

Joel Clermont joel at orionweb.net
Mon Sep 17 16:36:47 CEST 2007

Since I am new to RoundCube and this list, I thought it might be
beneficial for me to summarize my understanding of this issue before
I contact Microsoft and research a solution. Please read over my
summary and feel free to edit it or add to it as needed.

Round Cube uses common desktop conventions for multiple message
selection: control-click or shift-click. Round Cube also makes the
subject text a link for accessibility reasons. When the subject text
is control-clicked or shift-clicked, Round Cube acknowledges this as
a multi-select activity and cancels the click event on the subject
text link after marking the message as selected. However, in IE7,
control-click is an existing reserved event for "open this link in a
new tab". Using all the techniques for canceling a click event do not
work for a control-click in IE7. The message selection event works,
but you also have a needless new tab spawned in the background.

As it stands now, the workarounds for IE7 are to control-click in an
area other than the subject text, or to simply close the extra tabs
when you are done.

The goal is to find a way to successfully cancel the click event in
IE7 when control-click is used.

Does that sound about right?

Joel Clermont
joel at orionweb.net