[RCD] Can't send emails - "directly called /usr/sbin/exim instead of /usr/sbin/sendmail"

till klimpong at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 23:32:21 CEST 2007

Hi Soren

On 9/19/07, Søren Aggeboe <aggeboe at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, since I updated to the latest SVN version (800) I can't send emails.
>
> Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender
>
> Gid 32299 is not permitted to relay mail, or has directly called
> /usr/sbin/exim instead of /usr/sbin/sendmail.

I am assuming you using mail() and didn't configure SMTP-Auth? Well,
adding SMTP-Auth would probably improve, not just your setup, also the
quality of email send out. ;-)

I am not aware of any exim-specific code, this very much sounds like a
configuration issue and I would like to redirect you to users at .

Till