[RCD] More info: httpd using 100% cpu...

chasd chasd at silveroaks.com
Thu Apr 3 22:59:40 CEST 2008

On Apr 3, 2008, at 2:40 PM, Roy McMorran wrote:

> UW-IMAP doesn't want to serve the same inbox to both imap clients.
> One
> of them gets cut off at the knees.  Eg:
> Apr  3 14:51:10 mail imapd[12962]: [ID 289526 mail.info] Killed (lost
> mailbox lock) user=redacted host=mail.example.org [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]
>
> When the loser is Roundcube we get into the 100% CPU / CLOSE_WAIT
> scenario I described earlier.
>
> Is there any way we can make Roundcube more resilient in this
> situation?  Or is there an IMAP server that isn't quite so brutal?

I switched to dovecot after Fedora dropped uw-imap due to licensing
issues.
I found dovecot to be faster and to use less memory. YMMV.

Policies here pretty much prevent two IMAP logins to the same
account, so I can't say I've run across this problem, or how dovecot
handles it.

Charles Dostale
http://www.silveroaks.com/
824 17th Street, Moline  IL  61265