[RCD] More info: httpd using 100% cpu...

till klimpong at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 23:01:25 CEST 2008

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 10:47 PM, Roy McMorran <mcmorran at mdibl.org> wrote:
> till wrote:
>
> > Wow, thanks for tracking this down!
> > I have never seen this with courier-imap. I often have it open on my
> > Mac, the notebook and in RoundCube. But I could also be lucky.
> >

>  Hi till, thanks for the reply.
>
>  Does your courier-imap use mbox format, or something else?

Maildir.

> (...)
>  Nevertheless, mbox is still pretty popular and I don't think I can get away
> from it in my environment because I have many Unix command-line users (with
> pine, mutt, etc).

I haven't seen pine and mutt in ages. I can't comment on this though I
think an MUA uses IMAP as the interface and doesn't care about Mailbox
or Mbox in the backend.

> Looking through my apache logs, all the hangs have occurred inside
> imap.inc, in various functions.  Usually iil_Readline or iil_C_Select
> though.

There are some loops in those functions which expect
sequences/characters and if those don't come around we have potential
leaks and breaks. I see what you mean, but don't hold your breath for
a fix soon. We are looking for a replacement of our IMAP backend lib
and will work on this as soon as we released the 0.1.1 (this weekend).

Till