[RCD] Plugin-Architecture

A.L.E.C alec at alec.pl
Mon Aug 4 12:04:56 CEST 2008

Cor Bosman wrote:

> I would do it the other way around. All plugins are disabled until you
> enable them in the config.

Yes, in future we'll need also possibility to enable/disable plugin
actions via Settings.

> Just to make sure. The plugin system we're talking about here doesnt just
> allow actions, but also small hooks everywhere throughout the code/templates?

Yes for me. I think templates engine should call plugin actions
before/after each template object (objects, but also e.g. buttons and
every template tag with specified name) and return content from those
actions.

Roundcube Webmail Project Developer http://roundcube.net