[RCD] reply to all - including myself?

Thomas Bruederli roundcube at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 17:59:39 CET 2008

Ondrej Zara wrote:

>> This is actually the case. In program/steps/mail/compose.inc on line 191
>> recipients that do match one of the user's identities are skipped.
>>
>> Maybe you can debug this because it works for me.
>
> I found the following code near line 191:
>
>  // add recipent of original message if reply to all
>     else if ($header=='cc' && !empty($MESSAGE->reply_all))
>     {
>       if ($v = $MESSAGE->headers->to)
>         $fvalue .= $v;
>
>       if ($v = $MESSAGE->headers->cc)
>         $fvalue .= (!empty($fvalue) ? ', ' : '') . $v;
>     }
>

> First, the assignments in conditions are somewhat mystical to me (why?).
> Second, this clearly adds original recipient to a 'cc' part of new
> message. So, should I patch this only for myself or is this a newly
> found bug?

Right but this list ($fvalue) is then checked later on.

However, it looks like this "bug" was introduced in
http://trac.roundcube.net/changeset/1782 when attempting to fix
http://trac.roundcube.net/ticket/1485337

I guess we could easily fix this by allowing "reply to myself" only in the
to-field and not in CC where the reply-all problem occurs.

~Thomas