[RCD] Next performance improvement

A.L.E.C alec at alec.pl
Sun Dec 21 19:45:12 CET 2008

Hi! I have another great patch from my performance fixes set ;) I've
observed that when message is displayed (with disabled cache) we have:

1. FETCH for headers
2. FETCH for message (body) structure
3. one FETCH for each message/attachment part (it really sucks when
message contains several attachments)
4. FETCH for body

So, here's the patch which joins 1. and 2. into one command call and
joins all fetches from 3. into one command call. Speed up is significant
for all messages, specially for those having many attachments. Imagine a
message with ten attachments. Previously there was ca.10 + 3 fetches *
0.2 sec. (in my mailbox with ca.800 messages) = 2.6 sec. Now, only 3
fetches * 0.2 = 0.6 sec.

I'm posting this here, because it's too late to commit such changes (not
tested well) before 0.2-stable release. So, enjoy and test in your
environments.

ps. Thomas, maybe you can wait a few days and review this patch to
include in 0.2-stable? It would be nice.

Roundcube Webmail Developer http://roundcube.net

 --- 8< --- detachments --- 8< ---
  http://detached.gigo.com/rc/Wr/HvaAQAVp/perf.patch
 --- 8< --- detachments --- 8< ---