[RCD] Filters: Very new UI

J. Javier Maestro roundcube-devel at nosys.es
Thu Jan 10 17:32:55 CET 2008

On Jan Thu 10 2008 17:04, till wrote:
> On Jan 10, 2008 4:52 PM, emi delg <emidaruma at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Pretty interesting. Good idea to use icons. Of course the icons should
> "match" the theme a  tad better, but generally why not. Wonder what
> others think.

I find it pretty cool :)  In any case, I would first do a "text-based" filter
UI, "a la gmail", where creating filters by form-filling is easy too.

Now, since I am new to the list and I haven't had the time yet to check all
the mail archive, I might be talking out of my ass here; if so, simply skip
the mail to the end, please 8)

This is a UI, so I guess there must be a backend. However, I don't think that
RC should do any mail filtering. It should allow to *manage* filtering rules
stored in (and used by) the mail server, "a la maildrop" filters, where
manage would mean create too, of course.

But, again, I think this should be done through RPC, by using some web
service that controls the mail server, filter creation, etc. This way, RC
would manage/create/delete filters and send the manage/create/delete petition
to the RPC server that would actually apply it to the user's mail flow, etc.

In any case, your work is a cool, awesome idea :D :D

My 2 cents!

--
J. Javier Maestro  <jjmaestro at nosys.es>
Socio Consultor   -    Nosys AJjV S.L.