[RCD] SAVE ALL ATTACHMENTS

chris# chris# at codewarehouse.NET
Fri Jan 25 06:09:49 CET 2008

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 22:44:09 +0100, "Raoul Bhatia [IPAX]" <r.bhatia at ipax.at> wrote:
> hi,
>
> On Thu, 2008-01-24 at 16:23 -0200, Rodrigo Carvalhaes wrote:
>> Something there I miss on round cube is the possibility to save all
>> attachments at once (or all images from one e-mail).
>>
>> There is any plan? Someone already developed this feature?
>
> i haven't hear about this feature but if some1 is implementing it or is
> willing to do so:
>
> i guess it will be most convinient extract all parts into the temp-
> folder and then offer a zip file for download, which is created
> on-the-fly with 0% compression.

Why not use phar? http://pecl.php.net/package/phar/
It currently handles gzip, bzip2, tar, and is currently involved in adding zip
to the list. This allows the developer simply require the administrator to
add the pecl-phar extension to their PHP codebase to enable on-the-fly
compression/decompression and not only to RCD, but /any/ php application
that could benefit from on-the-fly compression/decompression - not
unlike mod_gzip stream compression offered as an Apache module.
Also not unlike the compression already available in PHP.

Just thought I'd mention it. :)