[RCD] Autocomplete for previously used addresses

till klimpong at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 00:45:41 CET 2008

On Dec 31, 2007 5:16 AM, Ben <ben at forlent.com> wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I had an idea for a feature that I think would be handy. Whenever you send
> an email or reply to an email, have RoundCube remember the address you're
> mailing and use that in addition to the address book for autocompletion
> suggestions when you're typing the Recipient field.
>
> Before I start coding this patch, my questions are:
>
> 1) Is anybody working on this feature already?
> 2) Would anybody else like to see this feature added?

Yes, plz! ;)

> 3) What would be the best way to store the email addresses? A new MySQL
> table? A flatfile? As address book records with an extra flag to prevent
> them from showing in the address book view?

Why no? :) I mean, personally I'd add it right away but I think what
possibly could be "good" would be a counter (config option) - e.g.
after 10 times using an address it creates a "full" record - before it
is hidden. People who want to skip that set it to 0. This could be
really nice, but it also increases the DB/addressbook size if you are
a frequent mailer or if you run an install for many people.

I am not saying gigs of data, but people should be aware of that. :)

Till