[RCD] Help in taskbar

A.L.E.C alec at alec.pl
Sun May 11 18:37:59 CEST 2008

Thomas Bruederli wrote:
> A.L.E.C wrote:
>> I think it would be nice to have Help item in taskbar. We can add
>> there tabs: About, License. I also plan to add there Help tab with
>> user manual (for RC or my plugins) or other info (e.g. supported
>> browsers list). What do you think?
>
> Good idea but we need to create the help pages before we should discuss
> where to add a link.
>
> And here we get some new questions:
>
> Should the help be part of the localization files or just a link to our
> wiki?
>
> In which format should it be created (HTML, LaTex, other)?
>
> Where to store the help of the plugins (in all languages)

I think that we should start with About and License pages. The manual
page is problematic as we haven't got it yet, but we should add a
possibility to create it by users in skins. We should just create a tab
with mechanism for its content change with skins. I have no time to
write manual, I was thinking only about manual to most important
features/plaugins accessible in my system and in my language, so I need
a place in UI ;)

ps. need icon image for help link, any suggestions?

Roundcube Webmail Developer http://roundcube.net