[RCD] Internet Explorer, high CPU load, long parsing time and DOM

Adrian Gruntkowski adrian at ima.pl
Tue May 20 23:14:32 CEST 2008

> > The patch below is only for purpose of showing the problem and
> > possible solution and it surely requires more work.
> > First part in php code contains also profiling code to show
> > the difference.
>

> > In my case it came from above 7 seconds down to 1.2 second.
> >
> > I'm interested in Your opinions on this.
>
> It's very interesting, on my box I have 50% speed up on Opera 9.27
> and 10% on FF3.

I forgot to mention that I was testing it on set of 200 messages
(regarding time advantage mentioned in my first post).

One more thing that appeared in the meantime. In patch given
I didn't take under consideration adding new messages to the
existing list. When initiating off-DOM tbody element, it should
be clone of this.list.tBodies[0]. So proper init_off_list function
should look like this:

init_off_list: function()
{
  this.off_list = this.list.tBodies[0].cloneNode(true);
},