[RCD] interface package changes

NetOne - Doichin Dokov root at net1.cc
Thu May 22 19:03:32 CEST 2008

Horváth Balázs написа:
> HTML composer:
> Did you consider using Fckeditor? I checked the archives
> and I saw that there was a discussion about that in Oct 2005, and the
> conclusion was that the goal is to support plugging any editor with
> plugins
> API, what's being developped. What's the status of this?
> I used both TinyMCE and FCKeditor and I prefer FCK.
>
> JS interface:
> Did you consider using a JS framework? I've been working quite much
> with prototype
> and after that JQuery. My personal preference is JQuery, based on
> experiences.
> Rewriting would be a big job, but could be done continuously, during
> the process
> both packages would exist.
> There are some benefits, I think even the code would become smaller, and
> pre-created interface plugins could be used. (And the packed version
> is just 16k.)
>
> What do you think?
>
> balázs
A decision has already been made to move to jQuery.

Speaking about the HTML editor - it's kinda question of preference, I
personally like TinyMCE and especially Xihna, FCK has been so much
trouble on some older browsers (like IE 5), at least in the past.
Probably the devs have strong arguments for choosing TinyMCE, though.

Kind regards,
Doichin