[RCD] messages larger than PHP's memory limit

till klimpong at gmail.com
Fri May 23 19:44:14 CEST 2008

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 7:10 PM, pete <pete at teamlupus.hu> wrote:
> hi,
>
> On Thu, 22 May 2008 18:11:06 +0200, Horváth Balázs
> <horvath.balazs at wgi.hu> wrote:
>> This is an issue of the PEAR Package and also PHPMailer which is used
>> quite frequently.
>> the result: SwiftMailer - http://www.swiftmailer.org/
>> Is used it several times, it's perfect. Fully OOP, Go PHP5.
>> "Send attachments of *any* size even with PHP's 8MB Memory Limit"
>

> JQuery, Swiftmailer - reasonable changes, sounds good

I have no objections against Swiftmailer, I just don't know it well. :-)

I guess if people see a general "error" in the current code we use,
the PEAR people are generally very open to patches and improvements (I
know first hand).

We are also looking into ezComponents' mail classes for the imap
backend, and maybe offering a more flexible approach to "accessing"
your email (for example through Maildir, Mbox etc.).

Till