[RCD] localization -> setlocale

till klimpong at gmail.com
Thu May 29 21:52:07 CEST 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 11:51 AM, A.L.E.C <alec at alec.pl> wrote:
> Currently I'm working on folders list sorting and see locale issue. In
> roundcube we've got setlocale(LC_ALL, 'xx') where 'xx' is a selected
> language. For Polish it's 'pl', but we need 'pl_PL.UTF-8' for proper
> sorting. I propose to add locale.inc file with that definition in
> localization folders or just add label 'localename' with specified
> value. Not sure what will be better.

I am not sure if you can generalize like that because that *will*
differ on some systems. Generally for the language I think we should
stick with de_DE, or pl_PL - but for example to get all date and
currency specifics right, we may need a second value.

For the administrator it's always the safest to check in
/usr/share/locale (or whatever the path is) for the correct name.
Kinda like, there is de_DE, de_DE at EURO and more crazy stuff. While the
language file is de_DE, on the system itself it may need something
else. Therefor I am not sure if we can "hardcode" that in or if this
should go into the config file and/or an additional setting for the
user preferences.

Just my two cents!

Till