[RCD] another performance fix

Thomas Bruederli roundcube at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 15:57:41 CET 2008

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 09:02, A.L.E.C <alec at alec.pl> wrote:
> Hi all! After my performance improvements from last few weeks I've found
> another place where roundcube can be more responsive. There is (in my
> opinion) redundant imap connection and redirect when user logs in to
> roundcube. I think we can get rid of it. Check attached patch. I'm sending
> it here first, because I'm not sure that changes will not break something
> (maybe there was some reason to do redirect that i don't know).

The main reason for the redirect is that people don't stay on a
"posted" page after the login and that they are able to reload it and
to navigate with the browser history. If we don't redirect, the
browser will ask me whether to post the form again when I open a
message and get back to the list using my browser back button.

Personally I would keep the redirect.

~Thomas