[RCD] Database attachment backend for scalability

Ziba Scott ziba at umich.edu
Thu Sep 18 00:40:12 CEST 2008

Hi Devs,

I know we're nearing beta so interest in new features may be low, but I
think I've got a good one here:

"optional temporary storage of outgoing attachments in database"
http://trac.roundcube.net/ticket/1485231

The real significance of this patch is that using local file storage
conflicts with using round robin dns to scale roundcube across multiple
servers.  With this patch in place we've been able to run one instance
of roundcube across 20 servers.

We've been running the older version of this patch for several weeks for
a "preview" group of about 200 - 400 people without complaints.  I've
updated it today to work with the latest svn and our team will be
testing it further.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to make this patch more acceptable.

Thanks,
Ziba

--
Ziba Scott