[RCD] PEAR mime issues

Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] r.bhatia at ipax.at
Mon Sep 22 10:42:32 CEST 2008

hello alec,

A.L.E.C wrote:
> PEAR's Mime packages development currently looks stopped. My proposition
> is to create our own classes, of course by copy&paste from them, but
> this is needed if we want to fix following issues:
> - non-ascii attachment names (basename's utf issue)
> - big memory consumption of attachments handling
> - rfc2047 for name, rfc2231 for filename
> - internationalised domain names
> - other that I forgot
>
> I volunteer to do that switch.

why don't you/we/whoever takeover the pear::mime maintenance?
by doing so, more people would profit and there would be no need
to reinvent the weel, c/p or fork.

cheers,
raoul
DI (FH) Raoul Bhatia M.Sc.          email.          r.bhatia at ipax.at
Technischer Leiter

IPAX - Aloy Bhatia Hava OEG         web.          http://www.ipax.at
Barawitzkagasse 10/2/2/11           email.            office at ipax.at
1190 Wien                           tel.               +43 1 3670030
FN 277995t HG Wien                  fax.            +43 1 3670030 15