[RCD] common office apps formats (m$ and openoffice) are misdetected by libmagic (bug #1485311)

Thomas Bruederli roundcube at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 11:01:11 CEST 2008

Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
> The common office apps formats (m$ and openoffice) are misdetected by libmagic
> library and that means that roundcube sends such attachment with wrong
> Content-type.
>
> I'm proposing to use plain filename extension based type detection for
> commonly misdetected formats. Example patch attached to bugreport.
>
> Opinions?

First we trusted the mime-type that was submitted with the file upload,
then this was replaced with a server-side detection using libmagic. What
actually was the reason for this? I can't remember :-(

Since neither of the implemented solution seems to work well I vote for the
hard-coded table or even a semi-automatic update of the resolution table
based on the mime.types file from Apache (/etc/httpd/mime.types).

~Thomas