[RCD] attaching files with russian filenames strips leading Cyrillic characters from the file

A.L.E.C alec at alec.pl
Thu Sep 18 19:48:39 CEST 2008

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 17:52:11 +0400, "Dennis P. Nikolaenko"
<dennis at nikolaenko.ru> wrote:
> Hello,
> Please consider integrating the patch in ticket #1485267

Ok, I've made some investigation and here're my conclusions:
1. basename needs utf-8 locale
2. if setlocale in set_user() fails, we should try to set en_US.utf8 locale
or some configured default, also we should add info about that in install
instructions as requirement.

So, about your patch. I think, setlocale hack should be moved to
roundcube's set_user() function.

Roundcube Webmail Developer http://roundcube.net