[RCD] PEAR mime issues

Thomas Bruederli roundcube at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 09:18:27 CEST 2008

A.L.E.C wrote:
> PEAR's Mime packages development currently looks stopped. My proposition
> is to create our own classes, of course by copy&paste from them, but
> this is needed if we want to fix following issues:
> - non-ascii attachment names (basename's utf issue)
> - big memory consumption of attachments handling
> - rfc2047 for name, rfc2231 for filename
> - internationalised domain names
> - other that I forgot

Maybe it's time to take a deeper look into SwiftMailer [1]. On the rist
sight this package seems to solve many of your issues including reading
from files/streams and therefore consuming less memory. I don't know about
the non-ascii attachment names. It also supports plenty of APIs to deliver
a message.

~Thomas

[1] http://www.swiftmailer.org/