[RCD] API available in trunk

Phil Weir roundcube at tehinterweb.co.uk
Mon Apr 20 09:39:17 CEST 2009

Hi,

I have come across a couple of little things when porting my patches to
plugins, I assumed that these bits just hadn't been done yet in the
development. I'm sure you have your own plans but here is what I have found
so far….

rcube_plugin->add_texts() always adds texts to the output even in AJAX
mode, $OUTPUT->add_label() does not. Adding the texts when the page is
loaded to service an AJAX request causes JS errors and an alert box with
"error: undefined" pops up.

$OUTPUT->button() always tries to load text from the core localization
array. Is there a better alternative for use in plugins? For example if you
want a button and you give it a label like `'label' =>
$this->gettext('myplugin')` then on the button you get `[My Plugin]` – the
correct text but with [] around it, as it cant be found in the core
localization array.

I think the new API is great apart from those two minor snags. It was
really easy to move all my code across. The example plugins really help
show what's what as well.

Finally a couple of hook requests:
* A hook for when the message list is loaded or updated – I have been
working on a context menu for the message list and it works great the first
time the page is loaded but I can’t see a way in the API to attach the
event listener when switching between folders or when a new message
arrives.
* Address book hooks, when something is added/updated/deleted from the
address book.

Apologies if you are already planning these. I know the code has just been
merged to trunk and is still being developed.

Thanks

Phil
http://www.tehinterweb.co.uk/roundcube/