[RCD] weird LDAP addressbook behaviour

taroundcube at terminal-addiction.com taroundcube at terminal-addiction.com
Wed Aug 5 01:48:22 CEST 2009


Okay, tried replacing ldap_get_attributes with ldap_get_entries in  
get_record with following results:

1) When name_field is "displayName", I get empty entries in the list.
2) When name_field is "displayname", I get names in the list.

In both cases, when clicking on an entry, I get "The requested contact  
cannot be found".

Kyle

ps: sorry ALEC for replying to you and not list (again).

Quoting "A.L.E.C" <alec at alec.pl>:

> Terminal Addict wrote:
>
>> The problem was in 'name_field'. If I specified 'displayname' for
>> 'name_field', the list following a search would show names, but if you
>> click on a name in the list, the name would be empty in the details. If
>> I specified 'displayName' for 'name_field', then the list would have
>> empty entries, but clicking on one of those empty entries would show the
>> full contact details including the name.
>>
>> I did try strtolower in __construct(), but that only replicated one of
>> the issues described above (I can't remember for sure which one now).
>
> This will probably work if we rewrite rcube_ldap::get_record() function
> for use ldap_get_entries() instead of ldap_get_attributes(). I don't use
> LDAP so I cannot test this idea.
>
> --
> Aleksander 'A.L.E.C' Machniak http://alec.pl gg:2275252
> LAN Management System Developer http://lms.org.pl
> Roundcube Webmail Developer http://roundcube.net
> _______________________________________________
> List info: http://lists.roundcube.net/dev/
>



_______________________________________________
List info: http://lists.roundcube.net/dev/



More information about the Dev mailing list