[RCD] Response to holding the delete key in the message list

None technetux at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 20:15:07 CEST 2009

Hello,

The following pertains only to message deleting with the config option
'display_next' set to true.

When I hold the delete/backspace key down with a message selected for
a couple seconds and messages are loaded from the next page, some will
come back more than once.

For example, say this is my message list:

uid = 1
uid = 2
uid = 3
uid = 4
uid = 5

... now if i delete the first three by holding the delete key down for
a second, my message list might look like this:

uid = 4
uid = 5
uid = 6
uid = 6
uid = 7

This also brings up the question as to how fast messages should be
deleted while holding the delete or backspace key down, in my tests it
must be 15-25 messages per second which is quicker than my reflexes
are able to accurately stop deleting at a certain point.

What do you guys think? Would it be best to set a timer so we can only
delete 'x message per second' or maybe wait until the previous message
has been deleted and the new message has come from the next page
before deleting another?...

Thanks!
Ryan Ostrander