[RCD] GnuPG/PGP plugin for roundcube

Jonas Meurer jonas at freesources.org
Mon Aug 10 02:55:45 CEST 2009

On 07/08/2009 A.L.E.C wrote:
> Jonas Meurer wrote:
> > at the very start of parse_structure(), parse the message/mime_part for
> > encrypted/signed content (both mime and inline), if appropriative verify
> > signature or decrypt encrypted data, and send the result back to a new
> > instance of parse_structure() recursively. afterwards stop the
> > functions.
>
> Just a thought. Attach a few samples of simple messages, crypted
> (with decrypted version) and signed, to the Wiki page, please.
> This would be simpler to understand without reading RFCs and installing
> encryption software.

sure, just did that. please note that i always uploaded the same
messages twice: one version signed and one encrypted. that way I didn't
have to upload the decrypted message as well, as it's exactly the same
content as the same message.

particularly interesting are the wrapped multipart messages, with
attachments and with several mails wrapped inside:

http://trac.roundcube.net/attachment/wiki/PluginRepository/Encryption/plain_text%2Bpng_attachment_mime_signed.eml
http://trac.roundcube.net/attachment/wiki/PluginRepository/Encryption/multipart_text%2Bhtml_mime_signed.eml

if nobody objects, i'll start to implement the code in parse_structure()
in rcube_message.php:

function parse_structure():
  if is_encrypted(msg_part):
    dec_msg_part = exec_hook(decrypt, ...)