[RCD] Survey about Roundcube deployments

Brandon Davidson brandond at uoregon.edu
Tue Dec 1 23:50:37 CET 2009

Hi Zilba,

We're working on rolling out Roundcube to our student body here at the
UO. It's still in beta, and we're looking at ways to collect utilization
statistics like the ones you provided below. Would it be difficult for
you to share the plugin you developed to provide these?

Just for the record, the product we're migrating away from is called
Alphamail. It's open source, and had a SourceForge project page that has
been taken down due to inactivity. It was written by a PhD student from
our Computer Science department as his thesis project, and development
ceased when he got his diploma. It's been stable enough, but the
interface is somewhat clunky a the real focus of his work was on a
multithreaded caching IMAP proxy midlayer that the web interface talked
to via a proprietary protocol.

Thanks,

-Brad

Michigan
> for a bit over a year.
>
> Number of users (max): 70,013
>         This is the number of preference sets in the database.  We
have
> more IMAP accounts, but they have not yet chosen to visit our
Roundcube